ToT-Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!

2 posters

Go down

Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! Empty Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!

Post by Fish Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:02 pm

The developers are apparently very sorry BLAH BLAH but unfortunately its the only way to continue development BLAH... Long story short, once Xonotic is out, it will come with a monthly description fee of €15 (!), and a closed source client (!!), the "reasons" are laid out in detail in their faq: http://www.xonotic.org/faq/

There wont be a server program (client only), neither closed nor open source, so you'll only be able to play on the official subscription based servers.

The official Xonotic client wont even be available for download from xonotic.org, although their planning to distribute it through steam and such. Plus, you can order a dvd from them for €30, NOT including the first monthly subscription. LOL, i wonder if this is PLUS shipping and handling, cause it didnt say in the faq.

Oh, and btw the Linux and Mac variants will be dropped and the Windows DVD will come with SecuROM copy protection.

I could continue to play on 2.5.2 servers as long as there are any, but that would only be postponing the inevitable. So as of today, i am announcing my official resignation from the Nexuiz community. It was fun playing with all you guys. You are a great community, and it was fun while it lasted. Now look at the bottom right (at least thats where it is for me).
Fish
Fish
LEVEL 1
LEVEL 1

activity : -528631

Back to top Go down

Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source! Empty Re: Nexuiz IS gonna die after all! Xonotic will go closed source!

Post by standard Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:31 pm

Very sad...

BTW: http://bit.ly/UxeTH
Wink
standard
standard
LEVEL 2
LEVEL 2

add : Wierdo activity : -511211

Back to top Go down