ToT-Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOTICE: bad download by "Tunichguten" CTF server

4 posters

Go down

NOTICE: bad download by "Tunichguten" CTF server Empty NOTICE: bad download by "Tunichguten" CTF server

Post by me11 Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:18 am

there are some modifications of
-minstanex
-items

looks not bad, but it do override the gamesource
NOTICE: bad download by "Tunichguten" CTF server Nex
NOTICE: bad download by "Tunichguten" CTF server Reloadicon
(gravestone as reload item)

Last edited by [┴°┴] ךך∂w on Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
me11
me11
TdS
TdS

add : 01101101 01100101 00110001 00110001 activity : -404256

Back to top Go down

NOTICE: bad download by "Tunichguten" CTF server Empty Re: NOTICE: bad download by "Tunichguten" CTF server

Post by Fish Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:51 pm

more to the point, it overrides some game resources.

since the server package is in dlcache, it isnt loaded automatically, so the modification is gone after restarting nexuiz ... but only then.

i HATE not being able to freely browse servers without having to worry about restarting all the time ... either that or running around with a parrot on a lance or whatever when everyone else has a nex Neutral

imo, servers like this should be blacklisted on dpmaster until they get their act together! i for one went through great lengths when i and tavi modded the nex rifle on the old ToT server so that it would NOT stick when people changed servers.
they should do the same, or not operate a server.

idiots should not be operating a server D:<
Fish
Fish
LEVEL 1
LEVEL 1

activity : -534731

Back to top Go down

NOTICE: bad download by "Tunichguten" CTF server Empty Re: NOTICE: bad download by "Tunichguten" CTF server

Post by Sam Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:07 pm

Besides filling the web with your stupidity do you have any other reasons for your life? i mean c'mon: i'm playing at the server of die Tunichtguten for months allready. Their mods are the best i've ever seen in 2.5 and the guys are always friendly, even to newbies. Maybe you should stop personally attacking other people as "idiots", just cause you don't like the stuff they provide for free. About your call for blacklist: this is just a joke, isn't it? I can't believe you really meant that serious ... if you do so, you are the "idiot" Very Happy Noone is forcing you to play on their servers as far as i can tell, so if you don't like it: what about staying away from it? Very Happy Man, you seriously got some problems, imho. Have you ever heard about the principle of live and let live? I actually can't believe you are serious Suspect

The server will never be blacklisted ... if you read their homepage carefully you will notice that those mods where created by morphed_ and tZork. If you take yourself some time to get your facts straight, you will notice, that those are official nexuiz developers even:

So what is your problem? If you hate their server, why do you join it at all? Imho die Tunichtguten have the right to do to their servers, what they like to do. And i like those mods, too, like a lot of other people actually. How come the server is almost always full, when i try to join?
Anonymous
Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureilia Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:33 am

Now you are pretty invalid to claim stupidity over someone not wanting to have to restart everytime they want to play. That would actually make you the stupid one for not noticing how inconvenient that is.

If you don't like other peoples opinions and can't take people believing it's a bad server, You don't have to post here just like people don't have to play there. Seeing some irony in your bullshit yet?

I'll go on record and say I personally don't mind what they do with their server and thats up to them, What people write on their own forums is up to them too as long as it's within reason and not attacking anyone personally.

Sure the admins are okay... I guess but they need to fix the server so it doesn't require you to restart and they need to fix a few other things but i'll discuss that with them personally, this isn't the place.

Neither is it the place for you, read carefully. ToT-Clan. They are free to discuss what they like here within reason while you quite frankly are just here to try and force your opinion into other people.

Go and play on your beloved server. I don't think immature personal attacks are needed. All over a server, how sad.

Edit: Totally unrelated. Maybe everyone should have to sign up to post here. Maybe people like that wont bother then Cool

Last edited by Aureilia on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add something)
Aureilia
Aureilia
α
α

add : eX^ activity : -530468

Back to top Go down

Post by me11 Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:48 am

lol hi radio!
i ve understand a little bit only, should translate it. but why posting anonym? ^_^
me11
me11
TdS
TdS

add : 01101101 01100101 00110001 00110001 activity : -404256

Back to top Go down

Post by sev Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:20 am

This is not about the mods themselves, but about their implementation, this should be quite obvious when you read Fish's post.

Fish wrote:more to the point, it overrides some game resources.
(...)
imo, servers like this should be blacklisted on dpmaster until they get their act together!

They at least should be marked... Obviously it is not acceptable if a server uses quick and dirty methods of implementing mods which then affect the WHOLE game until you close it. Especially since it is possible to do it in a clean way, as proved by Fish.

You wouldn't consider it very funny if visiting a cool website replaces all your operating system icons with images of kittens until you reboot, would you?
sev
sev

activity : -522296

Back to top Go down