ToT-Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voting on our server (posted by Fish 20081011)

Go down

Voting on our server (posted by Fish 20081011) Empty Voting on our server (posted by Fish 20081011)

Post by me11 Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:29 pm

Voting on our server (posted by Fish 20081011) Rohr_40_cm+me11-edit
This post may be interesting to the general public, not just clanmembers.

I've come to realize that even some experienced players know litte about voting in Nexuiz, so I thought I'd clarify things a little.

Voting basics
Each player on the server can call a vote using the vcall console command, which can be accepted by pressing F1 (or vyes), and rejected with F2 (or vno). vstop can be used to withdraw one's own vcall. The person issuing the vcall is implicitly assumed to be in favor. Use vhelp in the console to see what commands can be voted on the server.
Oh and btw, the console is brought up with SHIFT+ESC.

VCall's available on the ToT server
Now for the interesting part.
Since many servers only offer endmatch and gotomap, these are the only commands many people know. But there are others.

• vcall endmatch

Obviously, this ends the current match. An alias for this is timelimit -1

• vcall gotomap mapname

Ends the current match and starts a new one on the map called "mapname", skipping the "map election". An alias for this is chmap

To see which maps are available, type lsmaps in the console.

• vcall restart

Restarts the current map immediately, won't even show the scoreboard.

• vcall nextmap mapname

Causes the next map to be mapname, but unlike gotomap, it doesn't end the current match. To introduce your favorite map even more gracefully, use suggestmap mapname (without vcall). This will only ensure that mapname is listed at the next "map election" screen.
    To see which maps are available, type lsmaps in the console.

• vcall fraglimit N

Sets the fraglimit for the current match to N, for sane values of N.

• vcall timelimit T

Sets the time limit for the current match to T, in minutes.

• vcall extendmatchtime
    vcall reducematchtime

Extends and reduces time limit, respectively, by a specific amount, which is currently 10 minutes on our server.

• vcall removepowerups

Removes all powerup items, effective for the remainder of the current match. Only affects the invisibility, speed and extralife powerup items that are present on the map by the time the command gets executed.

• vcall kick # N

Kicks an annoying player, where "annoying" is for the voters to define. N is the player's number, which can be determined with the status command (without vcall). The space between # and the number is mandatory.

• vcall trainingmode

Switches the game into "training mode" for the remainder of the current match. In training mode, all players take on a health crash test dummy yellow and are invulnerable, while hits are still counted as frags. Also, powerups are removed and players can't mutate. (Some may find this is actually more of an "arcade" or "fun" mode than anything suitable for "training")

Voting on our server (posted by Fish 20081011) Rohr_40_cm+me11-edit

posted by Fish (20081011)

5 Comments:

sev/1024 said...

Ihr bräuchtet mal ein Forum ;) (Falls ihr wirklich eines wollt, Zitat OUNS: If your clan needs a forum, or hosting, you can contact -z- of Nexuiz Ninjaz . He can help you.)

Ich hab mir noch ein paar Gedanken gemacht zum Mutant-system.
So würde ich es persönlich am interessantesten finden:
10 Frags - Mutant Stufe 1: Musik, blaues Leuchten (so wie "früher", 2 extra Leben, sonst nichts.
15 Frags - Mutant Stufe 2: Musik, Effekt wie jetzt (18.10.), Super-Speed, 2 extra Leben, frags zählen doppelt, unbegrenzt ammo (999)
ABER
Ab Stufe 2 muss man alle x Sekunden (z.B. 15) jemanden fraggen, sonst ist fertig und man stirbt.

Gruss
sev/1024
Oct 18, 2008 7:50:00 PM

Sven said...

Vcall kick #
ist zweimal drin
Oct 29, 2008 10:24:00 PM

maniok said...

Öhm, auch wenns hier leicht OT ist.. ;) Ich find den Mutant atm schon sehr spaßig. Aber kanns sein, dass die Super-Speed stark spürbare Lags auslöst? Oder liegt das an was anderem? :|
Nov 13, 2008 7:48:00 PM

error said...

@ Sir Jective
THX 4 this post!!

@Maniok
i don´t think so!
I play ften on a Vista PC, but these modifications had been no impact on the playability for me!
Nov 16, 2008 1:30:00 AM

Sir Jective said...

Oh ja kick war zweimal drin lol.

Jetzt raus und dafür den Trainingsmodus rein.
Dec 21, 2008 10:15:00 PM
me11
me11
TdS
TdS

add : 01101101 01100101 00110001 00110001 activity : -403456

Back to top Go down