ToT-Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

skill-level

3 posters

Go down

skill-level Empty skill-level

Post by me11 Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:15 pm

on our memberlist is a aditional info now, subject "gs" means game-skill. but thats stupid if i post what i think only.

so - how high would u rate the skills of other-/tot- members? would be great if collected as much as possible answers. also not-ToTs are in demand

:)
me11
me11
TdS
TdS

add : 01101101 01100101 00110001 00110001 activity : -399156

Back to top Go down

skill-level Empty Re: skill-level

Post by Radiohe4d Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:21 pm

(* = noob, ***** = grandmaster)

me11 **
fish ****
tavi ***
error ***
standard *
renegade ****
lexxa ****
neige **** << does he still play?
onkelfried ***
squirrr - never saw her playing
v13 ***

rest i don't know
Radiohe4d
Radiohe4d
LEVEL 1
LEVEL 1

add : eX^ activity : -522093

Back to top Go down

Post by Fish Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:00 pm

first of all i dont think i still deserve that fourth star.

second, why do we need a "skill" column anyway? even if a LOT of people post their opinion here, it only represents a PERCEIVED skill at best.

unless the "skill level" is determined by some kind of tournament or other objective testing method, its complete air. and even then they would only be tournament results, which also depend on luck.
Fish
Fish
LEVEL 1
LEVEL 1

activity : -529631

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiohe4d Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:10 pm

Not everything can be determined by a "objective testing method". The human random factor and individuality makes it difficult to do so.
With your theory in mind all the sports managing games are crap too because they build their skill databases based on observation.
Radiohe4d
Radiohe4d
LEVEL 1
LEVEL 1

add : eX^ activity : -522093

Back to top Go down

Post by me11 Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:37 am

(pls insert/ think here any reasonable explanation) some players be better in 1on1. other player needs more enemys.

the thought came to me while i watched the forum profiles. there are almost no individual informations about the person. details are interesting, i think.. otherwise we are just a bunch of names. but, also don't rly necessarily! the suggestion can also complete remove again.
me11
me11
TdS
TdS

Back to top Go down

Post by Fish Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:35 pm

My attempt at a "reasonable explanation" would be that a 1on1 game allows one to focus on a single player, making a good read on the opponent's position (for example) much more valuable than in a dm with lots of players. Actually, any kind of elaborate tactics are more valuable in 1on1, like evasive maneuvers, luring the enemy into an ambush etc. On crowded servers, on the other hand, being a moving target is all you can do to avoid enemy fire, and you WILL be killed eventually, so a good aim is much more important (in that you cannot compensate for a bad aim with good tactics) to kill as many enemies as possible before getting killed yourself.
What's more is that defensive play is effective in 1on1, as the enemy has to kill YOU to score, whereas it is completely useless in dm, as your opponent will simply choose other targets if you move out of sight, while you just lost an opportunity to score.

I bet you could find a hundred more reasons why matches with few players favor different skill sets than matches with many.
Fish
Fish
LEVEL 1
LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by me11 Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:09 pm

k - removed again!
List
[may have to refresh (F5)]

my cfg is completely useless in 1on1. i do not aim with the mouse. anyway there were no sense with mouse-sensitivity 15. so, aim with the keyboard brings me clear nothing when the opponents are not close together.
me11
me11
TdS
TdS

Back to top Go down

Post by Fish Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:50 am

you aim with the keyboard? rly? RLY? i thought aiming with the keyboard was ... i mean, doom had it, and wolfenstein, but ... that was back when ... when there were no mice. or maybe there were, but they were the gdp of some small country a piece or something.

takes me back, though.
Fish
Fish
LEVEL 1
LEVEL 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: